Ask, and you shall receive. We get a lot of love for the Sheridan skid, and a lot of you like the utility of the Abrams. You have asked us to make a mix of the pair, so we offer you the Pershing.
Designed after the Patton, the rear skid face is lowered slightly to allow the shackle mount to clear the top. The Shackle point is run THROUGH the hitch to allow multiple weld points, with the shackle mount welded to skid, and the hitch. We then add a plate, then expanded steel to each side to allow as a step, just like the Abrams skid.
- 2x2 .250 wall hitch material with multiple pin holes for a variety of fit. Fully machined receiver tube.
- .250 thick 10"x10" steel plate skid surface. (12x10 for taller skidplates to fit our rear bumpers.)
- .875 thick shackle with a 1.0 through bore - ideal for .750 shackles.
- Tig root, then mig cap welded shackle.
- One size fits most. Product may vary from pictures. we can shorten receiver tube for vehicles like 4runner, FJ, Rav4 .
- designed for 5/8 receiver pin.
Roughly a month lead time.
*shackle is not included in purchase. Ships bare. Please select "hitch skid" option for shipping. Flat rate $20 for lower 48.
intended for controlled winching/recovery use. Use outside of intended purpose or design, or poor recovery practices can result in serious injury or damage. Please always practice safe recovery techniques.
Shackle mount is in the middle of the step creating a potential trip hazard. Please maintain a 3 point contact and look before you step to prevent any slips or falls.